- Pupils will gain a greater understanding of the need to carefully use all resources in ways that are not wasteful and damaging to the environment —both now and in the future.
- Pupils will gain a greater understanding of the threats facing a variety of organisms, including endangered species, and the need to reduce plastic pollution and aluminium waste.
- Pupils will understand that they can personally play an important role in reducing plastic pollution and increasing recycling rates for a healthier environment.
- Pupils will gain a greater understanding of the different types of plastics, and which can and cannot be recycled.
- Pupils will learn more about different states of matter and how plastic and aluminium can be changed into different states and reformed during the recycling process.
- Pupils will learn that aluminium beverage cans and certain plastics are excellent examples of closed-loop recycling and learn how recycling cans can save energy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Pupils will understand that recycling involves a firsthand commitment to making the environment healthier.
Subject Areas: Science, Art, and English Language
Age Group: Ages 10-12
Time: 3 Days